• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Killzone 2 Get Together

Adiuvo

The one thing that annoys me are when people are spies. Especially since team kill is on I don't know how to tell if its a spy or not unless I keep watching them (which sometimes is too late). This causes me to shoot my own team mates since I think they are a spy, and then when it's an actual spy I don't shoot. Is there an easy and quick way to tell?
Lights. Sabs don't shine blue or red.
Literally. Call of Duty characters seem to have a lighter feel within the characters, because the animations aren't as great, but compared to Killzone 2, it's like comparing Call of Duty (Original) to Call of Duty 4 - there is nothing good about comparing those two, because they are two completely different games. I just don't play Killzone 2 that often cause I already reached General status, and I don't find the motivation in getting my badges. :cry:
I love playing for the honor ranks. I'm actually trying to get them, despite saying I wouldn't previously.

Slasher

Suck It
Those two matches were great. Slasher is awesome with a pistol, he was able to kill some guy fifty yards away, with the standard one. Pretty amazing to be honest.

Playing while drunk and still owning people with a pistol is a great feeling haha, good stuff. KZ2 is starting to become second-nature for me, even though I've barely played the past week. I honestly have no idea what was going on, I was just going on instinct

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
Lights. Sabs don't shine blue or red.
I never even noticed that, I just noticed how there's always something a little off with those guys.

But I'm not the best judge anyway, I shoot everyone who even approaches me funny. I hardly ever play friendly fire and I think I've still got around 50 team kills.

Scorned

The one thing that annoys me are when people are spies. Especially since team kill is on I don't know how to tell if its a spy or not unless I keep watching them (which sometimes is too late). This causes me to shoot my own team mates since I think they are a spy, and then when it's an actual spy I don't shoot.

I've had that problem before and ended up being killed by my teammates 2 times, and killing other teammates 1 time.

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
I'll be able to. Let's just ban assault this time ;)

Muahahaha. Or you can just ban all rocket weapons. I've been in a game like that, and it's pretty awesome. Playing as assault, you only begin with grenades and the pistol, meaning that you can then just pick up any weapon you want if you see it.

Adiuvo

Yeah, we should set it up like that actually. Only problem is if they pick up a shotgun. Boost and the shotgun means you have no chance unless you're one of the sabs spraying and praying with the STA-11.

spike021

Yeah, we should set it up like that actually. Only problem is if they pick up a shotgun. Boost and the shotgun means you have no chance unless you're one of the sabs spraying and praying with the STA-11.

Lol, that means you have NO chance of survival, hence why I kicked your ass that one time on Academy. :D

spike021

Note the ONE time ;)

I still pulled off a better KD than you and killed you in points : D

You have to admit it that they were both fairly close games. I barely ever play in games where sabs have mines, so I'm not as used to them. Also, the rifle that you use is what I usually use in games... no one else uses them though, hence why I need to learn that they have terribly good accuracy.

Adiuvo

Oh, definitely, I just messing. About the C4, they're pretty easy to spot to be honest. The light they emit is really bright. It's only when they're on walls adjacent to the doorway you're entering where they become a problem.

I'm switching them out for health packs or boost once I get the badge for it though. Don't really like using them.

spike021

Oh, definitely, I just messing. About the C4, they're pretty easy to spot to be honest. The light they emit is really bright. It's only when they're on walls adjacent to the doorway you're entering where they become a problem.

I'm switching them out for health packs or boost once I get the badge for it though. Don't really like using them.

Funnily enough, the health pack ability was the first that I unlocked (for general use and later for custom badges) during the beta. But I never use Medic anymore :-|

Adiuvo

The health pack thing really is quite overpowered. It only takes a few seconds to pull out and heals you back to full health. If you use it with an assault and a scavenged weapon, it really is unstoppable, since it heals their armor too.

spike021

Yeah... That's the only nice thing about it. The sentry drones (tactician's bots) need to be reworked. Either give them more damage, or better accuracy. I find much of the time that they shoot a few feet off from the target, missing time and time again.

Adiuvo

People brought this up on the Killzone boards as well. I think they're fine, since they serve fine as a distraction, which is what they're meant to be. You're not really supposed to get kills with them unless the person is already pretty much dead.

The five kills for it's ribbon is stupid though. That seems to be where most of the complaints about them come from.

spike021

The five kills for it's ribbon is stupid though. That seems to be where most of the complaints about them come from.

That's my reasoning for the above.

Although I think that they were great earlier in distracting you :) I had two normal turrets, and one of those drones distracting you. Fun times.

Anywho, I'm going to find myself a game to join for a little while.

Good hunting Adiuvo

Adiuvo

Kind of, we haven't had a full game for quite a long time. Usually it's only Spike and I that play. What time zone are you in?

Adiuvo

Well, we're trying to get another game together. What time are you guys up to playing? I'm fine whenever, provided it's not around midnight in Pacific time.