• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Modern Warfare 2

Robby

Los Doyers!
Wait, you think that WAW's nowhere near as COD4? Why? i thought you played it once then dropped it? I've been playing both for ages. Besides a few issues with some overly strong guns, i dont think theres anything shitter about WAW. The maps are terrific, the story mode was great and the features were just plain awesome. For the first time, i could play the entire campaign with my mates. Please explain why you despise WAW so much. I'm pretty sure its just down to it being set in WWII and not the future/present.

Also, i knew that "Most fun" was the correct term, but it sounded awkward in my sentence. But thanks regardless.
The game suck when compared to CoD4. Its almost an insult to compare to the two. CoD4 is way better then WaW.
I love playing CoD4, I play it regularly, but when I play WaW, I can only play about 3-4 matches then I get bored. I do play WaW every so often so I can atleast give it a chance, Nazi Zombies is the only thing it has to offer and that gets boring.

To each's own but in my opinion:

1) Story, what story?
2) The maps? Personally I thought they were terrible, there was only one map out of the lot that I liked.
3) They introduced vehicles in multiplayer...that just ruined the experience in my opinion
4) It's a generic WWII shooter as well, nothing revolutionary in terms of story.
5) Having over-powered guns is a huge no-no in a multiplayer game.
6) The multilayer mechanics were a rip-off of COD4's and even at that they weren't that great
7) The guns lack many unique identifying factors about them
8) The graphics seem like a downgrade in my opinion as well
1. Agreed
2. I liked 3 maps, 2 of them are from map packs
3. Yes! Vehicles completely ruined the online experience. That is a big no no.
4. Yup
5. Yup Yup
6. I don't know how Treyarch can copy a game, do some little adjustments and make something as bad as WaW
7. Yup. Its said how one can get a weapon and be able to just rape. I'm fairly good at the game, but when I get a STG or a Browning then I just start to own. I feel bad for the other guys
8. Graphics did look kinda downgraded, but maps like Banzai kinda make up for it.

I would have rather see Treyarch make something completely new, using there own engine.

Joey

I think people are over stating it when saying that WAW is "shit". It's far from shit. But Cod4 is an all time great game. WAW was good, but it wasn't even the best game of the year.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
The most fun part of WaW was the flamethrower and burning trees with it.
The shit part was the rest.
/WaW OT

now, MW2...can't wait :D

Robby

Los Doyers!
I think people are over stating it when saying that WAW is "shit". It's far from shit. But Cod4 is an all time great game. WAW was good, but it wasn't even the best game of the year.

WaW is a decent game, but when you compare it to CoD4 then its shit.
imo

Joey

WaW is a decent game, but when you compare it to CoD4 then its shit.
imo

Well, dude, that's the point. A lot of games are shit in comparison to COD4.

Although, I think "shit" isn't the best word to use. "Insufficient" is closer.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Kinda sucks how they took away the numerical part of the title...but I suppose 6 is getting a bit ridiculous...
the treyarch games shouldn't count though...this should be the 'proper' CoD4

B

Bizarre

Kinda sucks how they took away the numerical part of the title...but I suppose 6 is getting a bit ridiculous...
the treyarch games shouldn't count though...this should be the 'proper' CoD4

I still think MW2 should be a sequel to cod4, it should be Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 2.
Or something like that.

B

Bizarre

Are you kidding me? It is called that. All you did was add a 4.

Yea well, I don't know sounds better like that cause everyones calling this CoD6 and the one Treyarch is making everyones calling it CoD7. It just sounds weird.

B

Bizarre

On the ps forums.
Whatever you guys are right. Anyways this game looks epic.

B

Bizarre

Yea which is why I realized I was wrong, on here anyways everyone here calls it how it should be not there. Its mostly 10 year olds anyways.