• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Modern Warfare 2

In other news, we're going to go ahead and bring you the world exclusive news that Modern Warfare 3 - 7 will be released in 2011, 2013, 2015, 2017 and 2019 respectively. That pattern will likely continue into infinity ... but what will we cover in 2020 if we tell you that now?

Source: Modern Warfare 2 breaks record with 4.7 million in day-one sales

Update: I finally made it. I now on Wolverines

Robby

Los Doyers!
Why does it feel like every time I turn this game on there is a freaking update. what do these updates even do?
I haven't gotten a update since launch of the game.
Maybe your cache is full.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Well, updated to System Firmware 3.01, no problems. Launch game, another update...

I've been on 3.01 for a long time, no probs whatsoever.

TeamOverload

If people knew that the online was going to be so bad, why did they buy it?
So they can complain some more I guess.

Basically. Is Modern Warfare 2 even the first game with online but no dedicated server support? I don't believe so, so not sure why everyone's having such a bit fit about it.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Something I found out about the online multiplayer earlier...the config file is set to have each bar of ping represent 100ms...so someone with 4 bars has 0-100ms ping, 3 bars is 100-200ms, 2 bars is 200-300ms and so on...

This is bullshit. How could IW consider anything above even 100ms to be acceptable. :S
I'm not even a competitive hardcore gamer like EvilSeph would be but I could feel a massive difference on it.

Robby

Los Doyers!
That must be how the xbox is setup also because when I play I have 4 bars and it says 100ms all the time.

TeamOverload

Something I found out about the online multiplayer earlier...the config file is set to have each bar of ping represent 100ms...so someone with 4 bars has 0-100ms ping, 3 bars is 100-200ms, 2 bars is 200-300ms and so on...

This is bullshit. How could IW consider anything above even 100ms to be acceptable. :S
I'm not even a competitive hardcore gamer like EvilSeph would be but I could feel a massive difference on it.

Same as any other game with connection bars. Next pointless complaint?

LocutusEstBorg

This is exactly what I was talking about. If the one server with sub 100ms latency is full, I DON'T WANT TO FUCKING JOIN ANOTHER SERVER with 500ms! I just want to wait till a slot is free.

EvilSeph

Administrator
Are you playing the game on a PC? If not, lose the attitude. This is the first time we've been given such below par quality crap.

Please enlighten me: what other PC games are there with connection bars? And even then, it was merely an observation, not a complaint. The complaint was about the terrible lag he was experiencing.

You clearly don't understand why we're so frustrated by these terrible choices IW/Activision have made and your ignorance is simply adding on to this. If you're going to shoot down our opinions, try and be nicer about it.

LocutusEstBorg

The command seta cl_maxPing "100" will limit the maximum ping server to join. The default value is 800!!!
seta cg_ScoresPing_Interval "25" will set the latency for each bar.