• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Modern Warfare 2

Joey

Gotta admit, gettin' pretty jazzed about this game.

Kinda want to play COD4 again, but I'm not paying $40 for a game I've already owned twice.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Me too. I've got to grab my copy back from my brother-in-law because I've got an urge to play again as well.

Moose

Meta Moose
I'm more excited for the campaign on this than anything. :D The campaign on CoD4 was superb and I have played it a few times already. Still not beaten it on Veteran yet though... that bloody level with the injured guy that you place near the ferris wheel (?) keeps getting me.

Joey

I'm more excited for the campaign on this than anything. :D The campaign on CoD4 was superb and I have played it a few times already. Still not beaten it on Veteran yet though... that bloody level with the injured guy that you place near the ferris wheel (?) keeps getting me.

Dude, wait until you get to the last level (the countdown level)...

Just ridiculous.

Moose

Meta Moose
Dude, wait until you get to the last level (the countdown level)...

Just ridiculous.

I don't think I ever will to be honest. I have literally been stuck on that level I mentioned for about a year. I go back to it every couple of months and fail again, then the cycle repeats itself.

lol I suck.

Joey

I was playing COD4 on PC a couple weeks ago, and it's crazy how easily my skills translated... Even though I was using a completely different control set-up, I didn't miss a beat. Even on a platform that usually breeds FPS savants, I was going 30-5, 40-7 consistently.

I just have a knack for that game... Usually by now, the community would catch up with me, but it just hasn't happened.

With both Gears games, I was really good the first couple weeks, and then the community caught up with me. But I crush in COD4.

Moose

Meta Moose
I'm average on CoD4 now. I used to be pretty good, usually at the top of a game, but now after not playing for almost 6 months my game has slipped dramatically. Hopefully that will change with the release of MW2. :p I'm gonna be doing some practice on CoD4 before I buy MW2 and attempt multiplayer on it. I wanna try and maintain some sort of consistency with my skill... well, obviously getting better isn't a problem, but like you say, the other players may eventually catch up.

It's only recently I have started going on my 360 - I hadn't used it for almost a year. I was looking at all my games I have played on it, most of them say "Last Played */*/2007".

LocutusEstBorg

I hope they give PC users prestige levels (COD4 PC didn't)! You can clear level 55 and 99% of the challenges in 3 days on the PC with a mouse and keyboard. Someone made a mod with prestige levels for the PC but stats are separate for each mod so you have to start from scratch.

And I REALLY hope they remove the bloody tube! I can't stand tubers they're so annoying; it forces me to take a stealth loadout and go after them to pwn their ass and say annoying things on chat each time I kill one.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Yeah the noobtube. Really I don't get in many matches with people that shoot them at the beginning of the match no more. I've gotten into COD4 again just waiting for Modern Warfare 2

Joey

If you call any weapon in any game a "Noob(insert weapon)", then you just suck... Shut the fuck up, kill the guy, or go play something else.

You're worse than people who complain about people who use throws in a fighting game.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I don't kill that often by the "noobtube", I think I can count all the times I've died from it on one hand. It's annoying because it is an instant kill but at the same time just means you need to learn to be a ninja more ;)

Joey

I don't kill that often by the "noobtube", I think I can count all the times I've died from it on one hand. It's annoying because it is an instant kill but at the same time just means you need to learn to be a ninja more ;)

There's a reason they only get 2 shots.

Yeah, if you get killed by any person by any gun, that means you fucked up, and need to come up a with a new strategy. Anybody who keeps dying the same way, and trying the same thing to counter attack, is a moron.

Moose

Meta Moose
If you call any weapon in any game a "Noob(insert weapon)", then you just suck... Shut the fuck up, kill the guy, or go play something else.

You're worse than people who complain about people who use throws in a fighting game.

I agree with you. I also despise people who hate on you after you apparently 'stole' their kill as if it was intentional. People are shooting left, right and centre on CoD4 so how the fuck am I supposed to know some random is also shooting at an enemy I have in my sights. It's my kill if I killed whoever it was, not someone elses.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I agree with you. I also despise people who hate on you after you apparently 'stole' their kill as if it was intentional. People are shooting left, right and centre on CoD4 so how the fuck am I supposed to know some random is also shooting at an enemy I have in my sights. It's my kill if I killed whoever it was, not someone elses.

Stealing kills in COD4? It takes a few shots to get a kill, I hardly see any kills stolen and if someone had their kill stolen it usually means they were missing too much to get it in the first place. My favorite complaint that I get from people is that I camp too much (yet they keep coming the same way at me and dying, so why should I move :p ) COD5 lacked good level structure, so I'm hoping the guys at IW can show us once again how levels should be made (not a fan of the creek level in COD4 though, and a lot of maps have a "good side" and a "bad side" IMO)

Moose

Meta Moose
Stealing kills in COD4? It takes a few shots to get a kill, I hardly see any kills stolen and if someone had their kill stolen it usually means they were missing too much to get it in the first place. My favorite complaint that I get from people is that I camp too much (yet they keep coming the same way at me and dying, so why should I move :p ) COD5 lacked good level structure, so I'm hoping the guys at IW can show us once again how levels should be made (not a fan of the creek level in COD4 though, and a lot of maps have a "good side" and a "bad side" IMO)

It's happened to me quite a lot. Maybe I'm just a kill stealer at heart. :p lol