• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Modern Warfare 2

Joey

I agree with you. I also despise people who hate on you after you apparently 'stole' their kill as if it was intentional. People are shooting left, right and centre on CoD4 so how the fuck am I supposed to know some random is also shooting at an enemy I have in my sights. It's my kill if I killed whoever it was, not someone elses.

"Kill stealing" became a XBL phenomenon because of Gears. I personally don't give a shit if somebody takes my kill in gears, but that's the only place such an idea applies. The idea has spread to pretty much every game on the platform now though.

The idea of "Kill stealing" in COD4 is comical, because it only takes 2-3 well placed shots to take a person down, so if you don't kill some one, in my eyes, that just means you're too fucking slow. I'm not going to risk getting my ass shot because you landed one shot, and can't finish the job.

Fuck, I hate people.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
"Kill stealing" became a XBL phenomenon because of Gears. I personally don't give a shit if somebody takes my kill in gears, but that's the only place such an idea applies. The idea has spread to pretty much every game on the platform now though.

The idea of "Kill stealing" in COD4 is comical, because it only takes 2-3 well placed shots to take a person down, so if you don't kill some one, in my eyes, that just means you're too fucking slow. I'm not going to risk getting my ass shot because you landed one shot, and can't finish the job.

Fuck, I hate people.

Killstealing goes much farther back than Gears, much much farther (Halo for one)

Joey

Killstealing goes much farther back than Gears, much much farther (Halo for one)

Maybe, but it became a fucking epidemic with Gears, because you could actually incapacitate a player, and make him non-threatning... So the idea, is that there's little excuse to kill the guy at that point, unless you downed him. It's a legitimate complaint, even if I don't personally care about it.

But now people are trying to apply it to games that don't warrant it, and it's annoying.

I hear a "kill stealer" accusation every other game I play now a days.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Maybe, but it became a fucking epidemic with Gears, because you could actually incapacitate a player, and make him non-threatning... So the idea, is that there's little excuse to kill the guy at that point, unless you downed him. It's a legitimate complaint, even if I don't personally care about it.

But now people are trying to apply it to games that don't warrant it, and it's annoying.

I hear a "kill stealer" accusation every other game I play now a days.

Plus people were getting fired up because they were trying to get the Seriously achievement.

Moose

Meta Moose
Plus people were getting fired up because they were trying to get the Seriously achievement.

I didn't even bother with that. I didn't like ranked matches on Gears because everyone was so competitive and anal about winning that they forget the game is about having fun

EDIT: Plus, I was poor compared to all the pros that played ranked. :(

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Well I'm pretty sure it was a big issue in Gears but it was also such an issue in Halo 2/3 and I'm constantly being yelled at for "ks'ing" in it. It's also a problem on DotA (a Warcraft III custom map), so much so that the current maintainer of it added assists to the score board so people won't complain. So it's pretty big elsewhere outside of the gears world ;)

Andy

Champion of the Sun
There's a reason they only get 2 shots.

Yeah, if you get killed by any person by any gun, that means you fucked up, and need to come up a with a new strategy. Anybody who keeps dying the same way, and trying the same thing to counter attack, is a moron.

I dunno really. The grenade launcher can be pretty cheap on some maps. Like on Search and Destroy, you normally need to rush to your spot as fast as possible so you don't get killed. But on some maps, as soon as the round starts a nade launcher shot can get you the second you start running from spawn, and there isn't much you can do about it. Sure you could hang back and wait for them to land, but that means the other team will probably be there first. Also, you have no idea which route they will land.

It is probably just my style of rushing in S&D, but grenade launchers can be a big hold back when the other team decides to use them at the start of each round.

Joey

I dunno really. The grenade launcher can be pretty cheap on some maps. Like on Search and Destroy, you normally need to rush to your spot as fast as possible so you don't get killed. But on some maps, as soon as the round starts a nade launcher shot can get you the second you start running from spawn, and there isn't much you can do about it. Sure you could hang back and wait for them to land, but that means the other team will probably be there first. Also, you have no idea which route they will land.

It is probably just my style of rushing in S&D, but grenade launchers can be a big hold back when the other team decides to use them at the start of each round.

I've never seen a person use a grenade laucher on Search and Destroy.

Robby

Los Doyers!

Yeah, if you get killed by any person by any gun, that means you fucked up, and need to come up a with a new strategy. Anybody who keeps dying the same way, and trying the same thing to counter attack, is a moron.
People who use the grenade launcher normally are the ones that at the beginning of the match, aim up and shoot across the map killing the other team at spawn. Those guys piss me off.

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM EST ----------

I've never seen a person use a grenade laucher on Search and Destroy.
I've seen tons of people using grenade launchers in S&D. Especially now, idk but all of a sudden every S&D match has a grenade launcher. And in Hardcore S&D that shit is just ridiculous.

LocutusEstBorg

Oh I didn't mention I am talking about HARDCORE servers. There is only one playable server in my area and its a Hardcore server. You die from ANYTHING. Even ONE bullet from the first pistol will kill instantly. You die if you get hit by a thrown grenade. You die if a flash bang explodes in your face. If a tube lands even remotely close to you, you die.

I already mentioned my stealth strategy. However it takes all the fun out of a run and gun game mode.

Its just fucking annoying when everyone is using guns so you are looking forward to a challenging gunfight when you see an opponent and he just fires a fucking tube from 50 meters away vaguely in your direction.

BTW I've never even SEEN a kill stealer accusation in COD4 :/
I guess cos I only play on HC servers, and any hit basically kills.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I was browsing Amazon today looking for the price of the Prestige Edition (they always have it up quickly after any announcement) and it is up! $150 for Prestige: Amazon.com: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition: Xbox 360: Video Games Not surprised at all, it is exactly where I thought it would be. No more word on those goggles but my guess is they are just like the ones here: EyeClops Night Vision Goggles | Uncrate (Actually they seem to offer the very same specs/features as the one I linked to so expect the same quality - toy-like goggles, nothing fancy)

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
The $150 price was announced yesterday or the day before Frozen.

I'm just getting the bottom edition; game only.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
The $150 price was announced yesterday or the day before Frozen.

I'm just getting the bottom edition; game only.

Doh! I saw that too and I believe someone made a comment in this thread (although at the time I thought it was just unconfirmed) - I'm getting the hardened edition just because I love those types of cases

spitfireuk

FRAGSTATIC!!
i just pre-ordered the prestige edition which i'm well pleased about ^^

i just hope HMV lowers the price abit before charging me but i'll still pay the

Cryox

Bro.
I think I'll just get hardened seeing as I'll also get the original CoD to play :D

Robby

Los Doyers!
I'll download the game and play it for a week, then once I find out how good the NVG are. If they are good, I'll buy the Prestige... if they aren't so good, I'll just buy the harden edition.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I'll download the game and play it for a week, then once I find out how good the NVG are. If they are good, I'll buy the Prestige... if they aren't so good, I'll just buy the harden edition.

They function the exact same as the ones I posted just a few posts ago. There are existing reviews of those goggles online and I don't expect anything better to be coming in the MW2 package. Because of that I'm going for the hardened edition (and the super high price for the prestige is a bit too much for me when I also want to get Halo ODST)

Robby

Los Doyers!
They function the exact same as the ones I posted just a few posts ago. There are existing reviews of those goggles online and I don't expect anything better to be coming in the MW2 package. Because of that I'm going for the hardened edition (and the super high price for the prestige is a bit too much for me when I also want to get Halo ODST)
Ah I stopped reading your post after you said Amazon has the price set at $150 because I knew that. :p

Hmmm, well I will probably get the prestige edition. I can save that much by the time the game is released.