• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Custom Firmware 4.01 M33

American-Seller

Can't detect 8GB

Hello everybody!
I've just finished installing the new firmware 4.01 M33 with the update 2 and Kernel for 4.01 and everything whent just perfectly. But when i formated my 8GB Memory Stick through the PSP i started to detect only 4GB instead of 8GB. Did this happen to anybody else? The Card is original Sony and it was working fine with the 3.90 firmware with latest update. This just happend with this firmware. Please help me. Thank you!

KILLER_DALE

CAn someone help me am stuck here, ive got fat PSP with the latest software form sony on it (4.01) can someone tell me what i have to download to get it the custome firmware on it?

deejay6901

If by 3.93 FW you mean 3.93 GEN then yes there will be no problem with upgrading straight to 4.01 M33.

hi sir

still waiting for your response on my question....

what is displayed in my screen's FW is 3.93. is this the same as 3.93 GEN?

please help me on this. Thanks

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
hi sir

still waiting for your response on my question....

what is displayed in my screen's FW is 3.93. is this the same as 3.93 GEN?

please help me on this. Thanks

Hrm.. that is most likely official firmware 3.93. Are you able to run homebrew applications on it, like you were able to in 3.90 M33? If so the 4.01 M33 will work fine.

XTangible

Exiled
Question for a starter

Okay, Ive just found out where to get these m33 firmwares, and I have official fw 4.01. Can I update to 4.01 m33 and still have all the features too?

deejay6901

Hrm.. that is most likely official firmware 3.93. Are you able to run homebrew applications on it, like you were able to in 3.90 M33? If so the 4.01 M33 will work fine.

actually its my first time to run homebrew apps, what i have now is just the password protect:laugh: and the cxmb plugin for the CTF themes im using. and this works on the CFW 3.93. sorry for being such a noob and stupid as im just new in PSP modding and other stuffs lol

cheers

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
actually its my first time to run homebrew apps, what i have now is just the password protect:laugh: and the cxmb plugin for the CTF themes im using. and this works on the CFW 3.93. sorry for being such a noob and stupid as im just new in PSP modding and other stuffs lol

cheers

Yes you can install 4.01 M33 then.

@XTangible: You need a Pandora battery and magic memory stick. Read here: http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=6832

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
thanks so much for your help. will try this later.

oh... and one last thing. in the recovery menu of the 3.93 CFW, there are options like hide the MAC address, create pandora battery, etc. will this be removed once applied with the 4.01 FW???

cheers :thumbup:

4.01 M33 firmware does have a similar recovery menu, but it doesn't have the options you listed specifically.

XTangible

Exiled
huh?!

if i do the pandora and magic mem stick am i just basically throwing them away? or can i convert them back? please reply!!!!!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
if i do the pandora and magic mem stick am i just basically throwing them away? or can i convert them back? please reply!!!!!

No you can convert them back but you will need a PSP already running custom firmware in order to perform the conversion process.

DJDUENDE

CF 4.01 M33

ola soy ruben, y tengo instalado en mi psp el Firmware 4.01 pero aora intento instalar el 4.01 M33 y me dice que no se puedo instalar. Me falta instalar algo antes? es q no tengo ni idea de que tengo que hacer, a ver si alguien me pudiera ayudar.gracias.

Madarasai

Help!!!

Hi,man i need ur help..when i was doing the update my MS broke up,and the instalation stoped and the PSP turn off alone.....and when I try to turn it on he stay wiith a black scren and turn it off....what i have to do???Please help me!!!!!:crying::crying::crying:

pspknightx

Maybe your PSP had bricked and the only way to solve it is to use pandora. > <

vandmike

unpacking...done. please wait......... (6hours later still the same thing)

ok so i upgraded my psp fhat from 3.03oc-e to 3.52m33 that went easy but now i try to go to 4.01 and it says unpacking... done. please wait...... (6hours later still the same thing) i have the 4.01m33 update in ms0:/psp/game and the 401.PBP in the update folder it's just dose seem to be loading it... whats going on?:bored:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Thanks for the reply man. So you mean I update my 3.52 m33-2 to 3.52 m33-3 then go straight ahead to 4.01 m33 then to 4.01 m33-2 right?

No need to go to 3.70, 3.80 or 3.90?

Yeah just upgrade to 3.52 M33-3, then you'll be set to install 4.01 M33. No need to go any further than that.

@vandmike: First back up any important data and try formatting your memory stick on the PSP to see if that fixes the problem. Also try re-downloading the 401.PBP. If the problem still persists, it's likely you have a fake or faulty memory stick.