• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Mass Effect 2

Joey

Yeah, I had a feeling I would push some buttons with that comment. I stand by it though. Proably not quittteeee as good, but still top notch. I'm on 360, btw.

Well, I love me some Mass Effect, and it does look pretty good... But dude... Uncharted 2 is insane.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'm about five hours in, ME2 lives up to the hype and then some. It's set a very high standard for GOTY of 2010.

Joey

It's 14GB, good luck downloading that Joey.

Yeah, just saw that while simultaneously shitting my pants.

Actually, I don't know what the hell I'm gonna do about this. If I buy it over steam, I'm still fucked :/ 14GB is ridiculously massive.

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
I still havn't pre-ordered this game yet, though I'm planning to do it tommorow. I'm a bit worried now, though; today I saw both of the DLCs for Mass Effect 1 going on Xbox live at 40% off, and decided to buy both. I thought I should in preperation for Mass Effect 2, to give Mass Effect 1 a final playthrough, and to finish the rest of the acheivements. Having downloaded them, I created a new character and started playing. For about an hour. I gave up because of boredom.

... Not good. :mellow:

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I think I'm gonna get the PC version. It's about time I start using my PC (my last attempt with dragon age failed).

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
The retail copy is 14GB across 2 DVDs but it includes voice over data for multiple languages which take up a large chunk of space. Steam might filter this data out depending on your region but it's hard to say. Hopefully there will be a preload over the weekend.

EvilSeph

Administrator
If everything goes to plan, pre-loading for Mass Effect 2 will be beginning soon for North America on Steam (if it hasn't already - I can't check). There is currently a bug in Steam that prevents Mass Effect 2 from being able to pre-load which they are working on. Once that is sorted out, they'll flip the switch.

Joey

If everything goes to plan, pre-loading for Mass Effect 2 will be beginning soon for North America on Steam (if it hasn't already - I can't check). There is currently a bug in Steam that prevents Mass Effect 2 from being able to pre-load which they are working on. Once that is sorted out, they'll flip the switch.

Is it going to be a single language version, or am I gonna have to download the full 14GB?

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
Is it going to be a single language version, or am I gonna have to download the full 14GB?

I would imagine that they would have the common sense to give you the language according to your region, or let you choose which languages you want before downloading.

EvilSeph

Administrator

I wasn't told and never asked, sorry. Steam does have region management though, so it is a possibility.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Steam preload is up for me now. It's 11GB according to the free space check thing.

Joey

Steam preload is up for me now. It's 11GB according to the free space check thing.

Well, it only took a couple days for Mass effect 1 to download for me through steam, so hopefully this will be just as fast. ME1 is like, 10GBs, so.