• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Mass Effect 2

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
How massive is the spoiler in the asnwer? I don't want to look unless it's vague :p

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
How massive is the spoiler in the asnwer? I don't want to look unless it's vague :p

Not really that massive. Won't ruin the story or anything for you.

Joey

Oh man... I started downloading 2 days ago, and I'm only at 70%... I don't think I gonna get it by 10 AM tomorrow :(

Shitshitshitshitshitshitshit

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
Not really that massive. Won't ruin the story or anything for you.

Thanks.

[BLACKOUT]You do talk to a woman on Illium who thanks Shepard for saving the Rachni race from extinction, but that's it really. Maybe you visit their colony later on in the game, I'm still only about halfway through.[/BLACKOUT]

[BLACKOUT]Are you serious? I was really hoping they would come back in massive swarms. That was the sole reason I saved them. Oh well.[/BLACKOUT]

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I came home early from work expecting to play this right now but it hasn't been delivered yet. So annoyed.

TeamOverload

Not trying to derail the thread, but sorta on the topic of Abe's post, how are the expansion packs for the first game anyways?

Joey

Not trying to derail the thread, but sorta on the topic of Abe's post, how are the expansion packs for the first game anyways?

I'm on PC, so I played the free "Bring Down the Sky" mission a few times. It's not bad. It's about an hour long.

If you're on 360 though, it's $5. Not sure it's worth it, unless you've absolutely scoured the rest of the galaxy. Not that it's bad, it's just not terribly unique from what's already in the game.

I haven't played the other one, but I read it was terrible.

Sinfulfate

Bring down the Sky is pretty good but the other one is kind of a waste. Its just simulation battles with objectives. I picked it up only because EA had that deal where you buy 3 DLC from EA games and you get 800 MS points back.

Today was campus move in day so my copy of ME 2 is sitting at home =/ Luckily I left some stuff home so my parents are going to come down here tomorrow and drop some stuff off for me.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I was a little annoyed that you could only import a completed game character from the first. So I wasted some time getting to level 50 when I completed the game at level 44 and had to use that.

I spent a half hour listening to and reading the Codex again and then played for like four hours. Recruited the scientist first and talked to pretty much everyone possible. Very interesting story so far and I loved how the game started.

I hate the hacking things and planet scanning already though.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I finished it today. Amazing experience from start to finish. One of the few games that have lived up to their hype. Took me 22 hours, that's with all the missions completed.

Now time to complete all the side assignments. :D

Joey

Man, I don't know if it's different on console, but the gameplay and control changes are jarring on PC, especially after putting in a good 20 hours into me1 just hours before starting me2. And I'm not too sure if I like the changes. Granted, I'm only about an hour and a half in. The story though... Already awesome. The voice acting is just amazing. Hell I already have characters I love and hate. And the call backs to me1 are numorous, and I'm extremely happy to see that.

Also, Martin sheen is great.

Joey

Does it have X360 controller support? Most UT3 games do, and it if the controls are geniuenly better, I may use that.

It doesn't, but don't get me wrong, my issues with the controls completely stem from the fact that I just played 20+ hours of ME1 just last week. I just haven't gotten used to them.

The way the game plays though, for some reason, doesn't feel as satisfying at ME1. Which is weird, because ME2 feels undeniably more polished, and the combat just over all works better. It's pretty much Gears of War 2.

The one thing I don't like is the lack of loot though. That was probably my favorite part of the first one. Really disappointed in that.

Sinfulfate

Finally started playing this game today and I love it. Did the DLC come out today and is it worthwhile? I don't have access to XBL anymore so I cant check it out =/

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
What?!?

No LIVE for you? What happened?

I've downloaded and completed the Normandy Crash Site and haven't started the Zaheed recruitment mission yet. The Normandy Crash was pretty boring, no combat.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
What?!?

No LIVE for you? What happened?

I've downloaded and completed the Normandy Crash Site and haven't started the Zaheed recruitment mission yet. The Normandy Crash was pretty boring, no combat.

Yeah I saw no point to the Normandy Crash Site mission, it could've been wrapped up in a single cinematic. Hopefully the rest of the DLC going forward is more like the Zaheed one.