• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[Competition] Design A GamerCard

Moose

Meta Moose
Thanks guys. Feel free to throw suggestions at me for ways in which I might improve it.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Here's my attempt. =)

2h4lumg.png
I really like this one. Only suggestion would be to put the stars and level underneath the name

I fixed mine a bit more but something doesn't feel right about it
6fch1j.jpg

Also I tried something below but couldn't really pull it off well
11kw4lx.jpg

EDIT:

And here's another, but I have to ask (maybe its just Adobe Fireworks), but how do you guys get the font that clear that small? It always comes out pretty bad like above
muaphy.jpg

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I think that after the contest is over, that all of these submissions should be permanent options. I think they all look great. We can maybe add a counter to see how many times each style is used, etc.

Great work everone, keep it up.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I really like this one. Only suggestion would be to put the stars and level underneath the name

I fixed mine a bit more but something doesn't feel right about it
6fch1j.jpg

Also I tried something below but couldn't really pull it off well
11kw4lx.jpg

EDIT:

And here's another, but I have to ask (maybe its just Adobe Fireworks), but how do you guys get the font that clear that small? It always comes out pretty bad like above
muaphy.jpg

Make sure that anti-aliasing is off on your fonts. You should be able to rightclick on the layer with the text and it's an option near the bottom. Also, make sure that you're using a native size for the font and it isn't being squeezed. It takes a while finding a good font.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I've worked on this design non-stop since I posted my half-done image over an hour ago, and I've only just finished. In all honesty I didn't expect it to take so long. :scared: Anyway, I've no idea how we're supposed to submit designs, so I've put together 2 or 3 blank gamercards along with some examples of how they look filled in. I havn't provided all the possible layouts; I still need to swap around the entries a bit more to make sure I have all 3 services on the top and bottom, but for now I think the 6 I've given give a good illustration of the design. So, without further ado, here's my (pretty much complete) compact dual-gamercard design;

9jp3xw.png

Any criticism is welcome, though I know I havn't really provided a good example of a PSN card. I couldn't find any images big enough to be resized other than the one provided. Also, just to ask, once I've submitted a 'finished work', am I still alright to edit it a little more further down the line? And, can one person enter more than once, or in both categories? Thanks in advance. :smile:

I LOVE it!

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Make sure that anti-aliasing is off on your fonts. You should be able to rightclick on the layer with the text and it's an option near the bottom. Also, make sure that you're using a native size for the font and it isn't being squeezed. It takes a while finding a good font.
Thanks, that did help (but still difficult to find the right font ;) )

Here's my entry completed (even though it sort of breaks the first rule "* Each service must be able to fit on both sides of your card." since the selection must be specific for a side to make any sense)
20l08s0.jpg

x6l8hw.jpg

And Here are some compacts
2j2dhrr.jpg

Single colour
okyetd.jpg

Suggestions always welcome

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
Thanks guys. :) I appreciate it. I was going to do another, full size gamercard, but I think the other entries have scared me off a bit (Moose. :mad1:). xD Plus, I don't think I can be bothered to do another design. Still, any comments or critique on the compact design are welcome; in fact, they're encouraged. :biggrin:

Edit: Sous, I love the compact gamercard, espcially the two-colour one. It looks sweet. :) My only suggestion would be to maybe have the Steam side in Red on the two-colour card? I know that the colour red has no relevance to it being Steam, but I just think it'd go well with the green and blue.

Moose

Meta Moose
Those compacts are nice, Sousanator.

Don't let other entries scare you off, what's the harm in trying? If you get bored sometime this week you may as well have a crack at it. ;)

EDIT: I had a silly idea but I wanted to see what it would look like, so here it is:

sn0xp0.png

Turned out OK, but definitely not winning material. xD

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
I'd like to remind all those who are considering taking a shot at this competition that the deadline for submission is coming up on Saturday (Sep 25th). Keep em coming!!

january39

eXo Staff
I think that after the contest is over, that all of these submissions should be permanent options. I think they all look great. We can maybe add a counter to see how many times each style is used, etc.

Great work everone, keep it up.

I would really love to see that, a choice of themes instead of one or two.

Freshmilk's design is really nice, very compact.

I like them as well, nice and simple. Function over style.

Those compacts are nice, Sousanator.

Don't let other entries scare you off, what's the harm in trying? If you get bored sometime this week you may as well have a crack at it. ;)

EDIT: I had a silly idea but I wanted to see what it would look like, so here it is:

sn0xp0.png

Turned out OK, but definitely not winning material. xD

I actually quite like that, could you get the text larger?

@Sousanator - i like yours as well, nice.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I had some free time today, so I thought I'd throw one last entry up
I'm not sure how hard it would be to modify the code to allow three services, but I did it anyways (I personally think there should be single, double and triple gamercard profiles). It fits the size requirements, so hopefully it will get accepted (if not a double version is available)
fc0f32462098f9e359165e0bfe62e75d7536a094.png

Grey Steam:
a6a3e792b450c23116eb1b26b3e8606ddb17cc5c.png

Double Profile(for the rules):
ff2de622d81cc99fec4961884c1d68370e7d2180.png

And here are my final entries for the compact design
PS3 - 360
ee2493b90e1342d0219ace167d7fdfeb9ab6a044.png

PS3 - Steam
c5a976de7b5231fa616fbeac8a2d2805c1e84ee2.png

PS3 - 360 (One Colour)
9fbd297da3c71ae9eb656b5b1016572c96816784.png

And here are my other full designs (finalized from before)
PS3 - 360
c6f4900f82df26c828f9465d95c5d89d8a45ad24.png

Steam (Grey) - 360
4c8519af34fd63419a89db1c7c9f477fdf9b9d2f.png

Steam (Red) - 360
b1fb3bec6fdb22e19a94fe4c6c4481ccba2ee9f0.png

360 - Steam
3b0e58d43975a3d1f168d4bdb1086aaeae91316a.png

360 - PS3
dc8d73b2300ecd72072137237d2c68dc0d3a7981.png

Dan

Contributor
Wow, the first one looks pretty win, well done :)

Only suggestion I'd make is that the font needs tidying up a little.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
so are we going to have a poll or something now?

Not sure yet if we'll do a community poll. Either way the winners will be announced next week. Thanks for the entries everyone :)