• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Final Fantasy XIII

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Even if you could backtrack there wouldn't be point (story wise)
You would be running around in the town with nothing to do.

Final Fantasy Chris core was just like FFXIII you have you're shops at save points.
Anyway Final Fantasy is known for story and less for the gameplay.

Either way people will continue to bitch about something no matter what. No one will ever be completely satisfied.

Ironically the same people who complain the most will still buy it and secretly enjoy it probably.

I know i'll be buying it and enjoying it no matter what people say

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Even if you could backtrack there wouldn't be point (story wise)
You would be running around in the town with nothing to do.

Final Fantasy Chris core was just like FFXIII you have you're shops at save points.
Anyway Final Fantasy is known for story and less for the gameplay.

From what I've been gathering, this game has less backtracking to get away from grinding and to get you to get more involved with the story. Also few towns is a technical limitation of HD gaming according to reports, it was way too expensive and hard to create many towns and static NPCs like old Final Fantasy games had.

Anyways as I said from day 1, I'll be getting this because: 1) I want to support Square; 2) I give all of their games one shot.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
*bump*

I've just watched the first 25 minutes of the game (X360), and I'm really confused about some stuff... I just read up on the game system. It's the first time I see a system of star rating and score at the end of each battle.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Final Fantasy has always been a name that I've associated with a great RPG system and great stories to go along with it. I enjoyed playing FFXII although after a huge period (1hr) in between save points and ultimately dying in the end I gave up on that game, I hope it's not going to be like this this time around (long series of battles after battles before a save).

Still debating what system to get this for...ideally I would get it for the PS3 but I don't have it up at school so we'll see....

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Final Fantasy has always been a name that I've associated with a great RPG system and great stories to go along with it. I enjoyed playing FFXII although after a huge period (1hr) in between save points and ultimately dying in the end I gave up on that game, I hope it's not going to be like this this time around (long series of battles after battles before a save).

Still debating what system to get this for...ideally I would get it for the PS3 but I don't have it up at school so we'll see....

If you really want to enjoy the game get the PS3 version... The 360 one, unfortunately only runs at 576p and has lower texture quality =\

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
If you really want to enjoy the game get the PS3 version... The 360 one, unfortunately only runs at 576p and has lower texture quality =\

Which is why I have been considering the PS3 version even if it means I will have to wait a while till I can play it. The choice is pretty easy, I've always considered FF a playstation franchise so I will probably go with PS3 regardless

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I will at some point this week, probably not tomorrow though. The voice acting is getting dogged in a couple of reviews I glanced over earlier today while having coffee.

I'm not very excited about it to be honest.

shikamaru

Senior Member ~ Trolololo
Possibly will pick up, still debating in my mind between this and BC2 for ps3. Have seen 360 version (my friend got it early from sainbury's who will give you anything if you ask over the counter even if it's not on display) which is not as great graphically or practically compared to ps3. (3 disks... i thought technology was constantly advancing)

El Diablo

I'm debating whether or not to pick this up at 12 tonight but I know if I do I won't go to sleep and I won't end up going to class tomorrow so I think I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow :(. I'm still very excited about it despite the reviews and other peoples opinions so far.

TeamOverload

Girlfriend is getting it for her PS3, so I'll probably just play through that eventually. No point in picking it up for my 360 as well like I originally planned.

Sinfulfate

Can't wait to play this game. Gamefly shipped it today so Im gonna have to wait a few days before I can play it. I ended up picking the PS3 version but if the game is better than I expect it to be then I'll probably end up buying the 360 version later and going for all the achievements.

shikamaru

Senior Member ~ Trolololo
Arrived this morning, just got home from a busy day of skl and extra curricular activities but then I had a ton of HW so it's been sitting in my room taunting me for the last 3 hours. Now that is done, time to surgically peel away the plastic wrapping and see what this game is all about.

Did anyone get these collection of postcards with the characters on the front? I didn't know they came with the non-special ed. of FFXIII for PS3

El Diablo

I ended up picking this game up as soon as Gamestop opened this morning and didn't go to my classes today and I haven't been able to put it down yet.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Hey guys I need some advice.

I never played a final fantasy game ever. But looking at some vids and screens of this game, it looks like a really good game.

So I am wondering if their are any major FF games I should play, or atleast read the plot before playing this game?
Or is the story not connected to the other final fantasy games whatsoever?

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
Hey guys I need some advice.

I never played a final fantasy game ever. But looking at some vids and screens of this game, it looks like a really good game.

So I am wondering if their are any major FF games I should play, or atleast read the plot before playing this game?
Or is the story not connected to the other final fantasy games whatsoever?

Each FF game is different so you're fine :)

Robby

Los Doyers!
Alright cool, I'll go pickup the game tomorrow after class.
:)

Scorned

Yeah so surprisingly they had a massive supply of them, so I was able to pick up a copy. Should be able to play it later this week, haven't heard great things from reviews however..