• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

KeyCleaner

Nocuddle

This thing abit misleading then & worked half way:
http://lan.st/showthread.php?t=1374

When my Silver at 3.03 OE-C, I tried this tool. It fixed my XMB 1-2-3-4 but in Homebrew still stuck 3-2-1-off. If I change the level within homebrew, when back to XMB it screwed. Then I used IdStorage & delete my key 8. And then I decided to upgrade straight to 3.52 M33 then M33-4, but the brightness didnt fixed. Im confused. So did key 8 related to brightness but u said nothing to do with keys. +___+;

Chilly Willy

Contributor
This thing abit misleading then & worked half way:
http://lan.st/showthread.php?t=1374

When my Silver at 3.03 OE-C, I tried this tool. It fixed my XMB 1-2-3-4 but in Homebrew still stuck 3-2-1-off. If I change the level within homebrew, when back to XMB it screwed. Then I used IdStorage & delete my key 8. And then I decided to upgrade straight to 3.52 M33 then M33-4, but the brightness didnt fixed. Im confused. So did key 8 related to brightness but u said nothing to do with keys. +___+;

I think the fix in M33 requires the key 8 be there. Key 8 and the new display libs is what makes the LCD brightness work. If you're missing one (the display libs in 1.5) or the other (deleted key 8 ), no fix is going to work. You should probably create key 8, then run verify/fix keys with a dump of the original key 8 to set it back to normal. Then try M33 again.

Nocuddle

You are right. I didnt tried running brightness fix when in M33. Now it is working! Too bad this aint permanent.

Thanks again for ur great guide. Dunno what to do without you. :)

Migraine

I was expeirencing problems with my time on my PSP when it was 12:00 it would show 12:00 but when I go into a game and press home it would say it's 0:00 clock. I downgrading using the newest corruption free downgrader for 3.50 by Noobz. I ran keycleaner and I cleaned key5, now the time is fixed. Does it matter that I ran keycleaner even though I ran a corruption free downgrader?

Chilly Willy

Contributor
I was expeirencing problems with my time on my PSP when it was 12:00 it would show 12:00 but when I go into a game and press home it would say it's 0:00 clock. I downgrading using the newest corruption free downgrader for 3.50 by Noobz. I ran keycleaner and I cleaned key5, now the time is fixed. Does it matter that I ran keycleaner even though I ran a corruption free downgrader?

If key 5 was the only thing you changed, it had nothing to do with your problem. The 3.50 DG only changes one byte of key 5 - just the same as my own patch. It's a different byte, but it wouldn't have any affect on the time. Actually, I've never heard of anyone with your particular problem before. I would have guessed it a problem of corrupt settings.

Migraine

Does it matter that I used keycleaner, did it do anything bad to my PSP, because I downgraded from 3.50 Noobz Lumines downgrader?

Nocuddle

Hi Chilly Willy

Just wondering, if Dpad functionality has sumthing to do with keys?

What happen is my friend got Metallic Blue PSP-1006 3.40 OE-C & had a prob with displaying Chinese font/language/region onto the system. So I uses KC 1.3 to fix lotsa stuffed keys. The damnest thing is I didnt make a list of whats on KC screen & didnt dump the original keys either. KC fixed all nicely & key 5 is patched. At this point I havent even try any homebrew games.

Later I upgraded to 3.52 M33-4. All went smoothly, fixed the Chinese system. Fixed the brightness problem too.
I try SleepNWake homebrew, all ok. Next I try CPS2PSP, didnt load. Then I try PCEngine, the dpad seems stuck. Thought the problem on key config but none. Then went into bomberman game & i notice the cursor gone crazy scrolling up continuously. Next i try to play the game, the char only going diagonal left-up. If I pressed right it will move but it wont go down at all when i press it. In PSP game is ok, same with XMB & Recovery. Nothing moving. Other non game homebrews such as your KC, didnt make any move on Dpad.

So the question is, if I did stuffed the keys or if the keys related to controller? Tho I still dun get it why only these particular emulator. I try also MVSPSP, CPS1PSP. Same thing. I will try more with other homebrews to test further.

EDIT:
Just now tried Mancala, same problem. This gonna drive me nutz tonight. +_+;
And oh yeah, I did try to flash0 Restore Default. Useless...
I might try downgrading with Pandora but i better wait ur opinion 1st.

EDIT2:
Ok im royally screwed. Now GAME like CrisisCore FF7 also stuffed up. The UP-LEFT got stickied. I can move other directions if i hold it.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'm pretty sure the idstorage has nothing to do with key presses, this sounds like a hardware issue.

Acerthief

does the ta-082 patch key 5?
cause after i patched my key five with KC 1.2, now if i use the normal downgrade under the recovery menu all i get is a brick. (i have pandora so no worries)
i tried my friends memory stick with the files (we tried it on his to make sure it works, and yes he successfully downgraded back to 1.5)
and when i used it it just gives me a beautiful blue brick.

also after using the pandora i can't upgrade the official firmware (i wanna check out 3.71 so..).

does KC work on 1.5? maybe i could figure this out if KC works under 1.5

Thanks in Advance.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Hi Chilly Willy

Just wondering, if Dpad functionality has sumthing to do with keys?

What happen is my friend got Metallic Blue PSP-1006 3.40 OE-C & had a prob with displaying Chinese font/language/region onto the system. So I uses KC 1.3 to fix lotsa stuffed keys. The damnest thing is I didnt make a list of whats on KC screen & didnt dump the original keys either. KC fixed all nicely & key 5 is patched. At this point I havent even try any homebrew games.

Later I upgraded to 3.52 M33-4. All went smoothly, fixed the Chinese system. Fixed the brightness problem too.
I try SleepNWake homebrew, all ok. Next I try CPS2PSP, didnt load. Then I try PCEngine, the dpad seems stuck. Thought the problem on key config but none. Then went into bomberman game & i notice the cursor gone crazy scrolling up continuously. Next i try to play the game, the char only going diagonal left-up. If I pressed right it will move but it wont go down at all when i press it. In PSP game is ok, same with XMB & Recovery. Nothing moving. Other non game homebrews such as your KC, didnt make any move on Dpad.

So the question is, if I did stuffed the keys or if the keys related to controller? Tho I still dun get it why only these particular emulator. I try also MVSPSP, CPS1PSP. Same thing. I will try more with other homebrews to test further.

EDIT:
Just now tried Mancala, same problem. This gonna drive me nutz tonight. +_+;
And oh yeah, I did try to flash0 Restore Default. Useless...
I might try downgrading with Pandora but i better wait ur opinion 1st.

EDIT2:
Ok im royally screwed. Now GAME like CrisisCore FF7 also stuffed up. The UP-LEFT got stickied. I can move other directions if i hold it.

While the IdStorage has nothing to do with the D-Pad, some plugins can goof them up. Things like pikey, for example. Make sure all plugins are disabled when testing to be certain it's not just a compatibility issue with various plugins.

Acerthief said:
does the ta-082 patch key 5?
cause after i patched my key five with KC 1.2, now if i use the normal downgrade under the recovery menu all i get is a brick. (i have pandora so no worries)
i tried my friends memory stick with the files (we tried it on his to make sure it works, and yes he successfully downgraded back to 1.5)
and when i used it it just gives me a beautiful blue brick.

also after using the pandora i can't upgrade the official firmware (i wanna check out 3.71 so..).

does KC work on 1.5? maybe i could figure this out if KC works under 1.5

Thanks in Advance.

If you are using 1.50 or anything built on 1.50 (ALL custom firmwares), key 5 must be patched or you will brick. The only time it won't is on official 2.0+ firmware, or if you have the custom IPL installed.

The (safe) way to go back to official firmware is this:
Go back to official 2.71.
Run 2.71 HEN.
Run KeyCleaner v1.3 and cleanup keys, unpatch key 5.
Run updater for official 3.xx fimrware.

Acerthief

While the IdStorage has nothing to do with the D-Pad, some plugins can goof them up. Things like pikey, for example. Make sure all plugins are disabled when testing to be certain it's not just a compatibility issue with various plugins.

If you are using 1.50 or anything built on 1.50 (ALL custom firmwares), key 5 must be patched or you will brick. The only time it won't is on official 2.0+ firmware, or if you have the custom IPL installed.

The (safe) way to go back to official firmware is this:
Go back to official 2.71.
Run 2.71 HEN.
Run KeyCleaner v1.3 and cleanup keys, unpatch key 5.
Run updater for official 3.xx fimrware.

ahh okay thanks. Running 2.71HEN.... it was a nightmare. :D

Nocuddle

Hmm okay. Im pretty sure too ID keys didnt stuffed up. I thought im the one stuffed it up... and this is not my PSP. My bad I dint check at beginning. +_+;
The owner did lent the PSP to sum guy for few hours before it get to my hand. I ask him if he encounter problem & he confirm in Virtual Tennis game, the player moving by itself. So it is hardware issue indeed. I will return it to the owner tomorrow & let him disassemble it. :D

Chilly Willy

Contributor
v1.4 is up. Now fixes 0x45, and creates any missing keys before fixing them. It also identifies and analyzes the PSP Slim. If you get any "bad" keys on the Slim, don't try to fix them. It's probably not bad, just something I haven't seen yet. Report it instead.

Nocuddle

Wow u r fast! Thanks.
I just got my Slim but still virgin. Waiting for better M33 upgrade as I heard it only patch sum files in it? Whatever it is, better wait then sorry. :)

TuncaCeleste

Hi, Chilly. Thanks for this great little nifty app.

Real question: How is KeyCleaner different from IdStorage Manager? I don't get it:confused1:

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Hi, Chilly. Thanks for this great little nifty app.

Real question: How is KeyCleaner different from IdStorage Manager? I don't get it:confused1:

KeyCleaner is meant for cleaning up after the old downgraders. It's simple and straightforward, and although it can also handle other minor issues, not very flexible.

IdStorage Manager is a dev tool. It can handle more complex problems, but if you aren't careful, it can totally hose the PSP. Dev tools are like that - lots of power, lots of danger.

You just ran the original 2.71 downgrader on your TA-082? Use KeyCleaner. You want to experiment with the region settings on your PSP? Use IdStorage Manager.

Rollin 90 NHC

H90d

what up fam, one question. every time i try and load somthing i recieve a message that say's "The game could not be started (80020148)". what does this bullshit mean?