• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

KeyCleaner

zackscoot

Please help:
I was helping my friend modding his PSP and he ended up bricking it by when using 3.52 M33-3 firmware. I'm going to go and help him unbrick his PSP using the pandora's battery. However, i read in the readme file that the idstoage can not be fully restored. So here is my question:

1. Does this program working on PSP that are NOT TA-82?
2. Can i use your keycleaner v1.1 and do a key dump from my 3.52 M33-4 firmware and use those keys to restore my friend's idstorage??

Please let me know ASAP and thank you in advance for your help.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Please help:
I was helping my friend modding his PSP and he ended up bricking it by when using 3.52 M33-3 firmware. I'm going to go and help him unbrick his PSP using the pandora's battery. However, i read in the readme file that the idstoage can not be fully restored. So here is my question:

1. Does this program working on PSP that are NOT TA-82?
2. Can i use your keycleaner v1.1 and do a key dump from my 3.52 M33-4 firmware and use those keys to restore my friend's idstorage??

Please let me know ASAP and thank you in advance for your help.

Yes, it works on any PSP motherboard.

You can use KeyCleaner to restore certain idstorage keys AFTER you've recovered. There is no way to completely recover the idstorage unless you have an old NAND dump of your friend's PSP.

zackscoot

Yes, it works on any PSP motherboard.

You can use KeyCleaner to restore certain idstorage keys AFTER you've recovered. There is no way to completely recover the idstorage unless you have an old NAND dump of your friend's PSP.

While he does not have his own keys, he will have my keys right??? so if my keys are working fine then his should too is this correct???

I'm kinda new at this but what's the difference between his old NAND keys and my 3.52 M33-4 keys??? What's in the original keys that are not present in my set of keys?

Also, if i get a brand new PSP, dump that key on my memory stick and then put those key on my friend's PSP, wouldnt that store the idstorage of his PSP fully???

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
While he does not have his own keys, he will have my keys right??? so if my keys are working fine then his should too is this correct???

I'm kinda new at this but what's the difference between his old NAND keys and my 3.52 M33-4 keys??? What's in the original keys that are not present in my set of keys?

Also, if i get a brand new PSP, dump that key on my memory stick and then put those key on my friend's PSP, wouldnt that store the idstorage of his PSP fully???

You can dump the keys on your PSP, then use them on his PSP through KeyCleaner.

zackscoot

I know that but what i'm asking is "will he end up having the same key as me?" and "how is this different from his original IDSTORAGE?" Is there something special in his IDSTORAGE that my keys can't restore?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I know that but what i'm asking is "will he end up having the same key as me?" and "how is this different from his original IDSTORAGE?" Is there something special in his IDSTORAGE that my keys can't restore?

Ok, KeyCleaner can replace just a few keys in the idstorage. Yes after restoring these keys will be the same as yours. KeyCleaner will also check if the keys need to be repaired when it boots up.

Some areas of the idstorage cannot be recovered as they are unique to a certain PSP. But there is no reason these areas would be deleted. That's what the Pandora readme is referring to. Also, KeyCleaner does not deal with these areas. No program does, so they wouldn't be deleted unless intentionally messed with.

zackscoot

Ok, KeyCleaner can replace just a few keys in the idstorage. Yes after restoring these keys will be the same as yours. KeyCleaner will also check if the keys need to be repaired when it boots up.

Some areas of the idstorage cannot be recovered as they are unique to a certain PSP. But there is no reason these areas would be deleted. That's what the Pandora readme is referring to. Also, KeyCleaner does not deal with these areas. No program does, so they wouldn't be deleted unless intentionally messed with.

i see. So if i were to recover using pandora's battery, do u know if my friend canstill update his PSP using customized firmwares/sony official firmware??? because i thought i read from somewhere that some people can't update after recover with pandora's battery , which is why i'm here because i'm trying to find out if i need to give him my Keys in order for him to update. Please clarify this for me

Thank you again for all of your help.

Harrash

im sorry i couldnt find a topic on Daedalus r12 so ill just post my comment here
i have Daedalus r12 and a psp version 1.50 daedalus loads perfectly on my psp but it can never find my roms can someone please help me please

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i see. So if i were to recover using pandora's battery, do u know if my friend canstill update his PSP using customized firmwares/sony official firmware??? because i thought i read from somewhere that some people can't update after recover with pandora's battery , which is why i'm here because i'm trying to find out if i need to give him my Keys in order for him to update. Please clarify this for me

Thank you again for all of your help.

He can update to any custom firmware / official firmware after recovering with Pandora's Battery.

im sorry i couldnt find a topic on Daedalus r12 so ill just post my comment here
i have Daedalus r12 and a psp version 1.50 daedalus loads perfectly on my psp but it can never find my roms can someone please help me please

Daedalus R12: http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=2469

Asking for ROMs is not allowed here though.

Harrash

x3sphere i have roms and there in my psp but when i open daedulus r12 it says it cant find any

im not asking for roms im asking why the piece of crap daudles r12 cant find my roms

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
x3sphere i have roms and there in my psp but when i open daedulus r12 it says it cant find any

I'll give you some advice. Next time create a new topic when you need help and not post in a existing thread that is totally unrelated to your question.

The Roms go in /Daedalus/Roms

and they must be a valid extension otherwise the emulator won't detect the files, like .v64, .z64, or .rom. If its a zip file then make sure the Rom inside the zip file has one of those extensions. If not then just rename it.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
v1.2 is up! I was delayed trying to get it to work in 1.50 ofw. No go at this point, so HEN and custom firmware only.

Nice release! Good job :smile:

Nocuddle

Wow thanks Chilly Willy, testing now. :)

Update:

At first the screen showing me this.

04 ok
05 ok Chilly Willy patched key 5 found
06 ok
41 ok
42 ok
43 ok
45 ok
46 ok
47 failed! readykey returned code 0x80000025

Your PSP appear to have a bad key 47

Then I went fix it.

And now is OK. Except of course "Chilly Willy patched key 5 found" still showing.
So is mine fixed completely? o_O

The previous 1.1 says some of my keys are patched, but in 1.2 says OK. I hope no more prob rite? :)

Thanks very much for ur cool fixer. It even now show my Silver region is PSP-1000. WTF! :D

U r legend. :)

Edit2:
I just remembered abt my backlight. it still didnt fix. i saw sum link sumwhere before, cant find it anymore.

nhlan7

Hi mates, I just have a simple question that do I need to install Keycleaner 1.2 for my TA-082 with 3.52 M33-4 CFW?. Thanks in advance.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
@Nocuddle - the brightness bug is not due to the keys, its due to a difference in the LCD modules of new PSPs compared to the old display libs in the 1.50 firmware used for custom hardware. The M33 custom firmware supposedly has a fix in it for that, and you can manually apply a fix to older custom firmware, but it's not for the faint of heart.

@nhlan7 - KeyCleaner is for people who used one of the older downgraders on their TA-082/86 PSP, or who bought a PSP hard-downgraded to 1.50 by the dealer (common for colored Japanese models). You can run KC on your PSP to check your keys, but if you used one of my corruption-free downgraders, or used the 3.50 lumines downgrader, your keys are fine.

@TuncaCeleste - KeyCleaner is designed to be simple to use on fixing COMMON problems associated with old downgraders. A simple solution for simple problems. IdStorage Manager is designed to be a flexible method of examining and altering IdStorage in general. It is a developer tool, and possibly a way to deal with more complex issues. Do you wish you could just push a couple buttons and get your 2.71 downgraded PSP to connect to your PS3? You want KeyCleaner. Do you wonder what's inside key 6 or 0x44, or what would happen if you delete key 0x43? IdStorage Manager is for you.

nhlan7

@Nocuddle - the brightness bug is not due to the keys, its due to a difference in the LCD modules of new PSPs compared to the old display libs in the 1.50 firmware used for custom hardware. The M33 custom firmware supposedly has a fix in it for that, and you can manually apply a fix to older custom firmware, but it's not for the faint of heart.

@nhlan7 - KeyCleaner is for people who used one of the older downgraders on their TA-082/86 PSP, or who bought a PSP hard-downgraded to 1.50 by the dealer (common for colored Japanese models). You can run KC on your PSP to check your keys, but if you used one of my corruption-free downgraders, or used the 3.50 lumines downgrader, your keys are fine.

@TuncaCeleste - KeyCleaner is designed to be simple to use on fixing COMMON problems associated with old downgraders. A simple solution for simple problems. IdStorage Manager is designed to be a flexible method of examining and altering IdStorage in general. It is a developer tool, and possibly a way to deal with more complex issues. Do you wish you could just push a couple buttons and get your 2.71 downgraded PSP to connect to your PS3? You want KeyCleaner. Do you wonder what's inside key 6 or 0x44, or what would happen if you delete key 0x43? IdStorage Manager is for you.

I've learned new thing today, you're greatful and thanks.