• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

KeyCleaner

jdog_12345

I joined just to say thanks to Chilly. Your key cleaner enabled me to be able to use my PS3 for remote play. Big props dude. Big props. Thanks a lot!

seamoon

I did this, and here's to hoping it fixes all my problems. I ran key cleaner version 4, and I got the following failed keys:

4 - clear and shouldn't be
5 - copy of 4
6 - copy of 5
41 - copy of 6
42 - copy of 41
43 - clear and shouldn't be
45 - copy of 47
46 - copy of 45
47 - readkey returned code 0x80000025
PSP has been hard-downed.

Does anyone think this has anything to do with my PSP not turning on for days? (Only the green light comes on as if it's bricked). I was told it could be a flash problem or a hardware issue.

At this point, I'm still running 3.52 (downloaded here last week). Should I downgrade then re-upgrade? Just stay where I am? Create a pandora's battery? Any other suggestions?

Thanks a million, Chilly Willy!!!

Chilly Willy

Contributor
I did this, and here's to hoping it fixes all my problems. I ran key cleaner version 4, and I got the following failed keys:

4 - clear and shouldn't be
5 - copy of 4
6 - copy of 5
41 - copy of 6
42 - copy of 41
43 - clear and shouldn't be
45 - copy of 47
46 - copy of 45
47 - readkey returned code 0x80000025
PSP has been hard-downed.

Does anyone think this has anything to do with my PSP not turning on for days? (Only the green light comes on as if it's bricked). I was told it could be a flash problem or a hardware issue.

At this point, I'm still running 3.52 (downloaded here last week). Should I downgrade then re-upgrade? Just stay where I am? Create a pandora's battery? Any other suggestions?

Thanks a million, Chilly Willy!!!

The latest version of KeyCleaner is specifically designed to handle hard-downed PSPs, among other things. Hard-downed PSPs are commonly Japanese colored PSPs bought online as 1.50 ready. The dealer did a hard-down on the PSP, and the key status above is the result.

banneduser9

UMD Fix?

I know that you guys get this question all the time so im sorry and understand if you dont reply cause its a long story so i made the main details bold thanks, tom.

Well a friend wants me to hack his PSP1001k TA-79 so i think yay i get to help someone play homebrew easily. So I was at my technal school were i am taking computer repair but the computers all use Windows 2000 Pro, so i dont think much of it and go on through the flashing process with pandora using the standard 1.5 > wanted CFW well when im done he tells me he wants a custom interface so thats ok till i realize what should have known being in computer repair(software side) that Windows 2000 being first for Plug and Play Flash devices really sucks since it doesnt sync some data till its removed which really didnt give me any trouble till i was puting the back ground theme BMP file on the flash1 when i removed the connection from usb in recovery menu it said all files not written to flash device which corrupted the flash1 to the point that when i mounted it again it said insert disk in drive :crying: so i take it home cause the flash1 was not even there anymore(or so it seemed to my knowledge) i decided to try to go back to 1.5 with pandora since it wouldnt boot anymore when i did so it wouldnt write the registry file to flash1 at which point i smacked my self in the face for not figureing that one out sooner so i read all the danger about flashing a different psp NAND image to a different psp and after thinking it over decided to flash my PSP1001k TA-79 M33 3.52-4(default settings) Flash NAND Image(not sure if that was a good idea at the time but really was the only thing to do) using "the Joker"'s pandora menu and after doing so checked the IDstorage keys and All Keys were Okay and it booted up with out a single hitch! thought i was out of the woods right well i did the final touches to his psp cleaning, ms, interface, ect... then when i was puting the UMD back into the psp it poped up and said

"The Disk Could Not Be Read"

so i thought it was a simple missread till everytime so far i havnt gotten it to read any UMDs i know its not the hardware problem since my friend was playing a UMD game before he gave it to me. I have read others with this problem but usually along with other idstorage key problems so i was just wondering if there is anyway i can fix it through the Hex idstorage key program of if it is fixable or key related at all thanks sooo much for your key checker Chilly Willy you rock!!

Chilly Willy

Contributor
If you overwrote the original ID storage with that from another PSP without making a backup, you're TOTALLY screwed. There is currently no way to restore the keys that are specific to a particular PSP. Sorry.

banneduser9

Crap i cant rember if i wrote it with or with out idstorage over write is there a way to fix it if i didnt over write the idstorage

COOLnDRE

Yo chillywilly, what exactly does this program do? deletes corrupted flash files or what?

when i first got my psp, i upgraded to 3.50, then used the 3.50--1.50 downgrader with lumines, then 1.50, then 3.40OE-A..

then it got bricked, fixed with pandora, now I'm on 3.52m33-4, do i still need to use this program? all my games, apps and everything run good

oh yeah.. and my psp is a TA-082 motherboard.

COOLnDRE

ok well... since no one is responding, i went ahead and and used the key cleaner, and i clicked analyze my ta-082 mobo.

all the files it said okay, but i think on key5 or something it said, this key is corrupt or something, and it said press O to leave as is, and press X to fix the key,

so i just pressed O to leave as is, and exited. do i have to change this or just leave it like that?

Acerthief

i'd sat patch key5 with chilly willy's patch. it's corrupted mostly because it's "another" patch from keeping you getting bricked.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ok well... since no one is responding, i went ahead and and used the key cleaner, and i clicked analyze my ta-082 mobo.

all the files it said okay, but i think on key5 or something it said, this key is corrupt or something, and it said press O to leave as is, and press X to fix the key,

so i just pressed O to leave as is, and exited. do i have to change this or just leave it like that?

On 3.52 M33 and below, key 5 must stay patched. If you ever decide to upgrade to 3.71 M33 the install process will automatically un-patch that key.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
KC is just for fixing minor problems associated with using the old downgraders. That's all. IDSM can be helpful with bigger problems, but requires you to know what you're doing.

hgage2003

Hi. I know, this may be against the rules, but I need help.
I used old KeyCleaner with few keys from internet.
Now KeyCleaner 1.4 says I have correct keys and 3.71 m33 works just fine, but I have few power "problems".
1 when my battery less than 20% (not 12) my psp goes to sleep mode I can turn it on for a while, but game resets.
2 it killed 3 batteries already I dont know how, but after a charge it just dont work. Once I got "autopoweroff" battery this way and twice - just dead batterrys. PSP dont power on from them and when I plug charger - there are no info about battery in "battery info" just like there is no battery inside.
So please, somebody send me full idstorage dump of 3.71 psp 1004 with ta82 motherboard.
hgage2003(a)gmail(d)com
Thanks in advance

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Sounds more like a hardware problem to me. There are no known keys that can cause PSP batteries to fail. If it is a software problem, I'd more suspect 3.71 than the keys. Try going back to 3.52 M33-4, reset your settings to default, then try the batteries again.

hgage2003

Thanks for reply.
First batteries died when a was on earlier firmwares - 3.52 m332 and 3.52 m33.4

And still - psp goes to sleep when my batt at 20% or lower, although KeyKleaner claims my keys are correct (I used few keys from other console. I dont remember which one)