• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Mass Effect 2

Sinfulfate

What?!?

No LIVE for you? What happened?

I've downloaded and completed the Normandy Crash Site and haven't started the Zaheed recruitment mission yet. The Normandy Crash was pretty boring, no combat.

Im living on campus now and need a login to access the web which I cant access on the 360. Im trying to find some workaround but haven't found one yet.

TeamOverload

Not sure there's an easy work around. You could always just pick yourself up a cheap router. That's what I do here to get on LIVE.

is this better then first mass effect ?

because I wasn't really hype up for it. maybe I should play around with the first one more.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Im living on campus now and need a login to access the web which I cant access on the 360. Im trying to find some workaround but haven't found one yet.

What about the wireless adapter for the 360? Might be time to invest in one as a last option. That blows though man. Better get that shit sorted before Gears 3 comes out.

is this better then first mass effect ?

because I wasn't really hype up for it. maybe I should play around with the first one more.

It's a continuation of the storyline, which is pretty brilliant. That is reason enough to play it for some.

Sinfulfate

Not sure there's an easy work around. You could always just pick yourself up a cheap router. That's what I do here to get on LIVE.
Ya that's what Im trying to get.

What about the wireless adapter for the 360? Might be time to invest in one as a last option. That blows though man. Better get that shit sorted before Gears 3 comes out.

I'm living in the apartments on campus and they have no wireless here. Hopefully using a router will work so I can use Ethernet for my 360 and wireless for my laptop.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
After finishing this (first completed game of 2010!) I can't help but think, I would have liked it more if I would have been able to import my ME1 character like everyone else.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
After finishing this (first completed game of 2010!) I can't help but think, I would have liked it more if I would have been able to import my ME1 character like everyone else.

Why couldn't you import? Did you move from PC to 360 (or vice versa)?

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
How do you unlock those preorder bonuses? I've finally finished downloading this on Steam, and so far only used the Cerberus key.

You need to do it through your EA account.

The instructions should be on the email you received.

Go to masseffect.com, click on Redeem, log into your EA account and enter the code.

Then it will download once you start playing. (For 360 users)

PC users need to click on the link provided after you enter the code.

Edit - Also, I think Mordin is my favorite character in the game by a landslide.

Edit 2 - Check out this.

Mass Effect 2 Cast Video

You need to do it through your EA account.

The instructions should be on the email you received.

Go to masseffect.com, click on Redeem, log into your EA account and enter the code.

Then it will download once you start playing. (For 360 users)

PC users need to click on the link provided after you enter the code.

Mass Effect 2 Cast Video

Cheers, I brought it through Steam and no instructions were to be found.

Also, anyone that's using the PC version and wants AA, use AACompat 80100C5 to get it, not 0000045. It's still a large performance hit, but that mode is more effective.

Joey

The bonus armors are pretty ridiculous looking. I don't see myself using any of them until my second playthrough. I just don't like playing with a helmet on because it looks ridiculous in the cutscenes, and conversations.

The Cain heavy weapon is amazing. It takes like 8 seconds to charge up, and you only get one shot out of a full clip of ammo, but it delivers an explosion twice as awesome as the fatman launcher In fallout 3. It pretty much kills everything on the screen. So awesome.

I agree, mordin is pretty good. I pretty much like everybody, except for Miranda, but I think Miranda is supposed to be unlikeable. I don't know if it plays out differntly for a male character, but as a female sheperd, she comes off as jealous. It's interesting. Although she's still fucking annoying.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
I agree, mordin is pretty good. I pretty much like everybody, except for Miranda, but I think Miranda is supposed to be unlikeable. I don't know if it plays out differntly for a male character, but as a female sheperd, she comes off as jealous. It's interesting. Although she's still fucking annoying.

Personally, I found Mordin to be quite useless. I find that Miranda and Jack compliment my adept character quite nicely. Still, I find her story predictable and annoying in itself but in combat she's great.

Although I don't like Mordin for combat, it's fun talking to him. Captain Kirk in the medical lab and Scotty down in engineering. Love it.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I finally beat this yesterday on the 360 and got all but two achievements along the way. (Need the Insane Difficulty and Reach Level 30.) Every crew member survived.

One thing I did not do, was adapt to the new combat system they were trying. I still played the old school ME way of pulling up the Power Wheel and individually selecting every time I used them. I couldn't get used to the hot button system.

Joey

I finally beat this yesterday on the 360 and got all but two achievements along the way. (Need the Insane Difficulty and Reach Level 30.) Every crew member survived.

One thing I did not do, was adapt to the new combat system they were trying. I still played the old school ME way of pulling up the Power Wheel and individually selecting every time I used them. I couldn't get used to the hot button system.

The only hot button I use is Unity. My brain is too slow to remember which buttons are what, especially on a keyboard.

Same, but on the PC. You miss way to often with real-time power usage, and lack the ability to line up combos with your squad.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Played this for the first time today. Never played Mass Effect so am a little confused but like it. Just got onto the new copy of the old ship :)

El Diablo

I've been playing the first one the past couple days and the story reminds me a bit of Halo.

It's pretty fun and keeping me interested despite how bad I am, and how bad I suck at trying to control my squad.